Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!
Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum

HomeIndexLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Raxus Prime

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elite

Elite

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey guys!
This is my new Raxus Prime from Force Unleashed. Don't forget to comment!
Raxus Prime Img_1312
Back to top Go down
bl*c
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
bl*c

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Honestly, you just made a base, put on some bricks for a 'frame,' and then filled it up with random pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/
Blackicep8ntball

Blackicep8ntball

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:13 am

Hey again Elite,

Glad to see you're already contributing - keep it up!

I'm not tremendously familiar with Raxus Prime or The Force Unleashed, but from what little I know, this appears to be a solid rendition of the junkyard duel. Your use of the scattered pieces gives it a genuine "trash planet" feel. Nice job posing the minifigs to capture a good sense of action too.

Good job with the photography. Both of the figures are decently in focus, and I'm glad to see you used the white background technique. One thing for the future: try to keep the whole image in focus next time (your back wall is a bit blurry Wink). I'd also like to see an angle where we can see both Starkiller and the alien's face (not as fun with Starkiller's back turned toward us, although it does provide a nice shot of the lightsaber).

I'm not sure how big your Lego collection is, but if your part selection will allow, I'd love to see you take this vignette and really expand it - with the idea of a junkyard planet, you could really go wild and build a cool large-scale scene.

Lastly, when you get a chance, click HERE to see another cool Lego rendition of the Raxus Prime scene!

Nice work bro - keep building and honing your skills, and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
Alpha Beta

Alpha Beta

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:11 am

bl*c wrote:
Honestly, you just made a base, put on some bricks for a 'frame,' and then filled it up with random pieces.

I agree, though there is a lot of junk on Raxus Prime, it was more organized then you think, their were paths. So like Bl*c said, but the junk in specific areas.
Back to top Go down
bl*c
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
bl*c

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:29 am

Look at this for inspiration:

http://www.thecabg.net/clone-army-creations-f4/welcome-to-raxus-prime-t6655.htm

Notice how everything is attached. All these greebles are connected to either a stud or bar.
There is also a destroyed ship, something you could add to make this MOC sky rocket from where it is at the moment.

Also get rid of the wall; I don't think Raxus Prime had any buildings.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/
Fithboy
Fithboy

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 am

The MOC is quite basic, but the figures and background are great Smile!
Back to top Go down
Elite

Elite

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 am

Thanks for everyones comments! Also bl*c I will take your advice. Thanks for your help, I will post a new version soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raxus Prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raxus Prime   Raxus Prime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raxus Prime
Page 1 of 1