Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!
Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum

HomeIndexLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!

Go down 
+8
Joboness™
bl*c
Brickfoot7
LazerBlade
Fithboy
cralegoboy
The_Custom_One
Blackicep8ntball
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackicep8ntball

Blackicep8ntball

NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:46 am

The Anniversary Contest is over, and things are beginning to settle back down... but not for long. We're looking for some ideas for future contests, and so we need your input! What sorts of competitions would you like to see?

NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! 5184400303_d3d35b62b7_m
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50747769@N06/
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
The_Custom_One

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 am

I believe we should have a "prize-less" contest, but the winner gets a little trophy by his name! And the theme should be City mixes with Star Wars, what do you guys think? Very Happy:
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
cralegoboy

cralegoboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 pm

No, I like prizes. I know this is a Star Wars forum, but what if we had a contest from a different theme? I'd enter that contest.
Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah, we could have a build a city street contest! Or, every two months a member could host a small contest, donating a prize, then every one can vote for the winner!
Back to top Go down
LazerBlade
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
LazerBlade

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:27 pm

How about a mix of city and star wars. Like what if the clones went on little vacation to New York city. What would happen? IDK, just through out a idea. Razz Very Happy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.lswforum.net
Brickfoot7

Brickfoot7

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:53 pm

-Christmas Star Wars contest
-Star Wars maxifig contest
Back to top Go down
bl*c
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
bl*c

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 pm

I love the idea of mixing SW with a Holiday. :}
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/
cralegoboy

cralegoboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:49 pm

It's been done on Eurobricks. Here's a link;
CLICK ME!!!!1!!
Back to top Go down
Brickfoot7

Brickfoot7

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I know it's been done but that doesn't mean we can't do it.
Back to top Go down
cralegoboy

cralegoboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 am

I know that, but it's not good practice (plus it's just plain tacky) to copy another forum's contest.
Back to top Go down
Blackicep8ntball

Blackicep8ntball

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:37 am

cralegoboy wrote:
I know that, but it's not good practice (plus it's just plain tacky) to copy another forum's contest.

Perhaps. But they also say that imitation is the best form of flattery Wink.
Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 am

If we used my idea for the layout I'll host the first one Smile.
Back to top Go down
Joboness™

Joboness™

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Maybe we could have a contest for the best sharpied clone trooper, where the winner wins every other entries' entry... Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 pm

No-one would enter that unless they're sure they could win...
Back to top Go down
The_Custom_One
The Sith Lord
The Sith Lord
The_Custom_One

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Fithboy wrote:

Well, isn't that how all contests are? You only enter if you think you have a chance to win.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://shop.ebay.com/1god4me2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_fro
bl*c
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
bl*c

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:39 pm

The_Custom_One wrote:
Fithboy wrote:

Well, isn't that how all contests are? You only enter if you think you have a chance to win.... Rolling Eyes
Well, I do it for the fun. I try to enter every contest (except minifig contests Razz )I hear about to practice building, but normally don't have the time. :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/
Blackicep8ntball

Blackicep8ntball

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:03 pm

This goes more to the methodology of the contest rather than the actual content, but what do you guys think about doing a completely anonymous contest? For example, everyone emails the photos of their entry to a staff member who isn't participating in the contest, and on the day the voting begins, the staff member posts all the pictures at once and starts a poll. Everyone would have to keep what they built a secret, but you'd take out any element of popularity - people would only be able to vote on the entry they liked, not because they're friends with the person or whatever Smile. What do you guys think?

P.S. - I kinda think that a contest where the winner takes all the entries is kind of an interesting idea - it would have to be something small scale, of course, but it might be kinda fun. It would really up the ante...
Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:22 am

That is a good idea, 8Ball. That would be really cool!
Back to top Go down
Greed

Greed

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:35 am

Well, I was thinking we could do a 'behind the scenes' kinda thing for a clone? I don't know just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 pm

So, have we made a decision? I think we should go with 8Ball's idea.
Back to top Go down
Joboness™

Joboness™

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Which of 8Ball's ideas are you referring to? The anonymous contest, or the idea in which the winner wins each other entries' submission?
Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 pm

His anonymous contest idea. the other one isn't too great, IMO.
Back to top Go down
thebrickbear

thebrickbear

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:47 pm

I personally think that a "Custom Clone" contest would be spectacular. Prize.... Eh, maybe a little arms shop gun or so. Less than 5 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:39 pm

^I think this was a pre-Xmas discussion since there is currently a multi-forum contest in progress. Wink

But looking to the future say April or May customs minifigure contest would be cool. You sponsoring it?
Back to top Go down
thebrickbear

thebrickbear

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Rook wrote:
^I think this was a pre-Xmas discussion since there is currently a multi-forum contest in progress. Wink

But looking to the future say April or May customs minifigure contest would be cool. You sponsoring it?
No rook, the only reason I WANT to enter the contest is to show off my customs. I suck at MOCs at theCABG so I can never be a guildie ( Or whatever it's called). I really want to actually show my customs on a site where people actually comment on it. But sadly, my MOCs suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!   NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEXT CONTEST!?!?!?!?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next