Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!
Welcome Guest, Register to become a member, so that you can become part of the LSWForum, or login if you are already a member. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unofficial Lego Star Wars Forum

HomeIndexLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Time to wish everyone a Happy New Year here.
Check out the "New Years Sig Fig Contest" here.
Join the LSWForum on Flickr today! Click here to join.

Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rook

Rook

Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Empty
PostSubject: Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)   Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Set Review: 4181

Isla de la Muerta

Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) 4181-1

As I've siad before I'm not big on set reviews but this was a must:

Stats:
Price: CAD 24.99
Pieces: 152

Actual Image
Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) IMG_3640

Pros:
Johnny Depp Minifigure.

Cons:
Everything! Note the fact the chrome gold pieces as shown on the box ARE NOT CHROME! Lego is getting some hate mail today! Mad

Summary:
Don't buy it. It's crap.

Letter sent by Rook to Lego.com/customer service:

Quote :
Set: #4181 Isla de la Muerta

The fact that the chrome gold pieces, as shown on the box, ARE NOT CHROME! Lego has scammed me! This is FALSE ADVERTISING and must be rectified! Your product DOES NOT match what was shown and therefore why I decided to purchase this product! I bought it solely for the new chrome gold bars pieces and when I opened my box what did I find. Non-Chrome pieces! And the gold chrome coins were of course also not chrome.

This product is a hoax! A lie! A falsehood! Lego must recall, replacement, or other wise notify and rectify this to all customers. Lego should be willing to fix this by: customers may get their money back at store purchased with receipt (if not Lego Store or S@H) even if box is open and half the pieces are missing, a credit to their VIP account for the full value of the set if purchased at Lego Store or S@H, or if customer emails Lego's customer service /complaints or missing pieces and asks for the proper parts that are shown to be chrome on the box, to be shipped to them free of cost.

I’ve seen slight box errors like this in the past. I understand products and factory procedures change, but to introduce a new piece (the gold bar brick) and then to have it not be what it appears to be is simply robbery to the fan community. You literally suckered me into buying this based solely on a single new type and color of piece that is NOT in this product.

Back to top Go down
Fithboy
Fithboy

Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)   Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:03 pm

That IS surprising. I've always know Lego has high prices, but they've never lied like this before Shocked !
Back to top Go down

Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussions :: Community Discussions-
Jump to: